Sunday, September 13, 2009

MWSA PCA Finalist 7 -- The Choice We Make -- Marlyce Stockinger

Inspiration Image -- “Father and Son” photo by Pat Avery

My son is young
A life barely begun
Tender years without his dad
Makes me wonder…….will he turn out bad?

Me, my heart is torn
I’m proud to be American born
I want to serve my country..help to make it free
must it be at the expense of my family?

Ohhhhhh the pain of the choices we make
War or taking my son to the lake
What if I don’t come back
Will he understand and cut me some slack?

I know what I must do
To my country I must be true

Ohhhhhh the pain of the choice I made
Please god…..don’t let his memory of me fade!

taps

MP3 Available at www.militarywriters.com/MarlyceStockinger-TheChoiceWeMake.mp3

To vote for Marlyce Stockinger:
Send email to MWSAPCA7@gmail.com OR vote at one of the polling sites listed on page 9!

No comments: